Tuesday, December 15, 2015

BEST Concealers - Marc Jacob Re(Marc)able Concealer and Cinema Secrets Concealer Palette

Hey peeps!
Today I want to talk about my HG concealers! I have two... and that is because they are in different shades and are not substitutable! :)

Marc Jacob Re(Marc)able Concealer in shade 3 Young - $38 CAD
This is one of the highly-raved concealers on the market, and I can assure you that it totally lives up to the hype! I have pretty dry skin so I find a lot of concealers drying. This Marc Jacobs concealer is so creamy that it just glides on my skin, and it lasts all day. I got this in shade 3 - Young. It is a little darker than my skin tone and it has a peachy undertone to it, which fits perfectly for my need - to conceal my under eye dark circles. I do realize a lot of people are trying to buy a lighter concealer aiming to hide dark circles + to highlight under eye area. It won't work that well because your dark circle has a blue/purple undertone to it, if you use a concealer that is close to or even lighter than your skin tone, it will actually make your under eye area looks super grey and dirty. 






This is a colour wheel - if you want to hide purple/blue, you will need orange/peachy colour to counteract it to make it visually disappeared :)





This is what it looks like in the tube, and a swatch on my hand :) You can see how moisturizing it is on my wrist! It has high coverage too - totally covers up my dark spots and under eye dark circles :)



Okay here comes my second HG concealer...

Ultimate Corrector 5-in-1 Pro Palette in shade 01 - $48 CAD

'These pigment-rich correctors are the ultimate tool for correcting unwanted undertones, highlighting, shading, contouring, and adjusting foundation color. They cancel out purples with peachy corals and redness with neutralizing olive greens. The creamy silicone-wax based formula applies like a second skin yet provides full coverage to diminish the appearance of dark circles, blemishes, hyperpigmentation, burns, scars, rosacea, and even large tattoos. It is also long wearing, crease-proof, and water-resistant.' This is the description stated on Sephora website. Sounds tempting isn't it?! Cinema Secrets has been a well-established brand that are used by numerous makeup artists, and there seems to have very limited reviews on this palette online. I really want to introduce this palette to EVERYONE I know cause it is amazing! Lets first start off by talking about their packaging! Cinema Secrets have recently changed their packaging - which is great. The new packaging comes with a concealer brush, and there is a rectangle mirror attached to the palette. I also like the fact that all the shades are in magnetic pans so I can take individual shades out and snap one or two of them in my magnetic palette. So it is a lot more convenient and user-friendly!

Oh one IMPORTANT NOTE: This palette looks ALOT lighter than the picture shown on Sephora! If you search this concealer palette on Sephora website, you will see the picture on the left as shown below... No idea why they look so dark but they are all very usable shades indeed! I would say it is suitable for most of the skin colors, ranging from fair to medium-dark skintone! Don't be scared away by the picture shown on Sephora, I took a picture of my palette right next to it, so you have an idea of what the shades in this palette actually look like!



This concealer palette comes in five shades, and I have to say I am extremely impressed with all of them! They are all very creamy, not drying on my face, and last all day. They are also EXTREMELY water resistant! I put my swatched arm under running water and they did not smudge even for a bit! I picked up the no. 01 palette, which has 3 red and 2 blue neutralizers. Below are the swatches on my arm, and I have numbered them so I can explain each shade a little more in detail.

This concealer palette comes in five shades, and I have to say I am extremely impressed with all of them! They are all very creamy, not drying on my face, and last all day. They are also EXTREMELY water resistant! I put my swatched arm under running water and they did not smudge even for a bit! I picked up the no. 01 palette, which has 3 red and 2 blue neutralizers. Below are the swatches on my arm, and I have numbered them so I can explain each shade a little more in detail.


Shade 1 to 3 are the red neutralizers, they are more cool-toned shades that would be great to cover up redness on your face, scars, etc. Shade 4 and 5 are blue neutralizers, they have a peachy, yellow undertone. It is great for covering up bruises, dark spots (even moles!), and dark circles under your eyes. These concealers are all so pigmented and buildable, really they can be used in multiple ways! I love using shade 1 for highlighting as it is a ver pale, almost white color with beige undertone, I use it especially for nose contour; I use shade 2 to cover redness like newly healed scars. As a have fair-light skin, shade 3 is dark enough for me for contouring. It is a great shade to contour your face as it is not warm-toned it can mimic shadows on your face really well. Shade 4 is a beautiful salmon color, and I use it with my Marc Jacobs concealer to cover my dark spots and under eye area. Shade 5 is a orange concealer with red undertone, I use it for really dark pigmentation like moles or when i occasionally have really dark eye circles. I usually dab shade 5 on first, then I will cover up with other lighter shades so it won't look weird on my face.



















This is a picture showing swatches for Marc Jacobs concealer alongside with the Cinema Secrets concealer palette. You can see none of them are of similar colors, and I like how I can utilize all six shades and none of them are repetitive! Both of these concealers do not crease after a full day wear, and they never break me out. Overall, these two are my HG concealers and I am glad that I purchased them! Hope this review helps :) XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment